This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Is anyone really happy with their Edge 530? Buttons? Sensors? Features?

I know most happy customers just enjoy their device and don't bother coming to the forums so perhaps I won't get an answer from anyone who is happy.

But I just tried to replace the battery in my 520 and the screen started to delaminate so now a small part of it is hard to see (still usable) and I gave up putting the new battery in.

I'm more tempted now to grab a 530 but all the problems here are making me worry, I can't get a Wahoo instead as I want Varia support and I don't trust that will happen soon even though they have said it will. I wanted to hold off buying a 530 until the bugs are sorted if that ever happens, I hope I still can wait and put up with my 520, first ride with delaminated screen today will see how it goes. 

So has anyone got a 530 that has GOOD buttons? wondering how widespread the buttons issue really is.

Is anyone happy with the sensors? or is everyone having trouble with them dropping out?

What is the beep volume like compared to the 520? I hoped it would be louder but there is already one complaint that it is too quiet.

Are you happy with the new features and how they work?

The Jump feature sounds as crappy as I expected what were they on when they dreamt that up? 

• One button doesn’t feel quite right, BUT compared to the wahoo buttons that you need to be a climber to use (they are just weirdly terrible) then all good, thanks for posting this. I’ll get in touch with Garmin, they probably make thousands of these units, there will always be a percentage of units that have a small defect meaning more complaints. +1 to Garmin my wahoo tamagotchi went back. Just wasn’t worth 185.

• I've had my 530 since June and am 'generally happy' with it. Buttons work fine every time and i haven't had sensor drop outs. FW updates have always installed. Great battery life.

The navigation isn't 100% though because of a super-zoom bug  often causing  misleading graphics at roundabouts. I find that annoying having used the 1000 unit which didn't suffer from it (and is a very old model). it is managable once you get your head around what is happening.

I bought mine because there was a deal on the garmin shop and i got an extra 20% discount with Vitality health insurance.

I find the wahoo units look really ugly (obviously a personal thing). I'm in a cycling club and fellow members confirm that they also have bugs here and there.

If it wasn't for this navigation bug i'd be very happy indeed.

MB