This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Disabling feature that automatically changes to map page when stopped and autozoom.

My 530 automatically changes to the map screen whenever I stop. The problem is that when it does so, it zooms out so far that the map is unreadable and it changes the map orientation to 'North Up'. If I was previously on another page, this goes back to normal on my map page. However, if I'm already looking at the map, it still zooms out and changes the map orientation when I stop, and then it stays that way - I have to manually set the zoom again.

I have autozoom turned off, is there another feature I need to disable? Has anyone else had issues with this?

• The Edge should not be doing any of that. It sounds like the activity profile maybe corrupt. As test try creating a new profile using a template and see if that does it as well.

• thanks for the suggestion.  I don't recall it doing this the first few times that I used it (I've only had it for about 3 weeks) but I couldn't remember for sure since I hadn't been using the map much anyway.  I thought maybe one of the firmware updates changed that.  I will try using a different activity profile and report back.

• @aweatherall your suggestion worked, just not quite how I expected it to.  I plugged the 530 into my PC to make backup copies of my existing activity profiles, and then I deleted them from the unit.  When I disconnected it from the PC and turned it back on, I was surprised to see my activity profiles were still there.  I plugged it in again, and they had been re-created in the 'Sports' folder as they were before.  I deleted them again, turned it back on, and once again, they had returned.  I decided to see if anything had changed so I just went for a spin around the neighborhood and the problem seems to be resolved.

If anyone else has this issue, I would suggest simply deleting the activity profile(s) from the 'Garmin>Sports' folder in the file system first and see if that solves it.  Thanks again for the suggestion, and I'll post back again if the problem arises again.

• The unit automatically creates a number of named profiles if none are on the unit. I typical create my own named profiles so that I don't ever have conflicts with the defaulted named ones.

• I have the same thing going on a (European) version of a 1030 Plus. This is SUPER annoying. Changing the zoom level is bad enough but changing the orientation on top of that is a terrible idea. How can this be disabled?

• I believe the feature you're talking about, where when stopped the Edge changes to a map screen with north-up orientation, is called "Forksight".  I think the idea is that Forksight integrates with Trailforks app and can let you know when you are approaching a fork/navigation option on a trail and also bring the map up when stopped to help you navigate.  When I first got my 530, I really disliked this feature as it was different from what I am used to.  I have since gotten used to it, but I do think it can be disabled.

https://forums.garmin.com/sports-fitness/cycling/f/edge-830/207934/how-to-disable-map-switch-when-stopped