This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Rerouting - how well?

How well does the 530 reroute when u miss a turn. The 520 plus will simply y  refuse to reroute and demand a u turn. 

• It did alright for me when I went off course in the Lakes last week.  Routing appropriately.  Not sure if the popularity routing plays any part.... 

• Hoping the faster processor is the reason for the better rerouting. I felt cheated by Garmin for the 520 plus. Could have needed the rerouting to work in the few rides but had to manually figure my way out. Yet my 520 plus was sitting on the stem doing the % thing...... I got ribbed by fellow cyclist.

It is probably the shortest lived model in the range?

• Doesn't sound much cop mate. The 530 has certainly better internals which undoubtedly speed everything up.   Quicker than any Garmin I've had before.  1000, 810, 820 and more recently elemnt bolt.  

I think the 520 wasn't really a proper navigating unit and by putting maps on it without giving it a bit of ooomph was a big mistake. 

This is like a breath of fresh air, thus far.  Hoping future software updates dont set it back