This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Soft 'Back' Button Press

I got my 530 Thursday and all has been great except the 'back' button. All the other buttons have a clear engagement in the press and I feel the back button is either supposed to be soft to stop accidental presses or its a defect. I really need to press hard and make sure the button is centered for it to trigger.

• Tons of folks are having this issue. Contact Garmin support and ask for an exchange. 

• I had the same issue with mine so i have sent it back - super disappointed!

• I'm on my second unit. My LBS took back my first unit as the "Enter" button keep getting stuck. During a 50 mile ride this past Saturday, the 530 froze. I held the power button down until it rebooted. The "ride" came back and I seem to only have lost about 1/2 mile. I'm starting to regret not waiting until the 2nd or 3rd batch of hardware was produced and a few bugs being fixed...

• Same problem here on my brand-new 530. Here the "down" button on the left side does not have a clear engagement. Very annoying to click through all the menus with this problem, all other buttons work fine. I will contact now Garmin support... This is definitely not a successful try to switch from Wahoo to Garmin.

• Unfortunately my 530 appears to have the same fault. The back button does not click like the others and now, it seems to operate without being pressed taking me out of other menus.

• Just got mine yesterday, same thing, the OK and back buttons need a hard press to operate.

• I bought my Garmin edge 530 last December. From the start, I got problems with the back button. This problem is gone if I use the Edge in a silicon protection. But now it starts to get problems even with the protection. The button is making a squeaking sound and hangs. 

Is this really covered under the warranty? I'm really afraid that the shop will say it is normal wear. At this moment our city is in a hard lockdown so I cant visit the shop yet. Did someone had a problem with the back button and didn't get a replacement/repair?  I want to prepare myself with the right information so I can visit the shop the moment the lockdown is lifted. 

Or is it better to contact Garmin?