This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

520 Plus fw 5.30 - dropout all sensors

Hi,

I upgraded firmware to 5.30 and I have lot of problem with dropout after pause. When Iclimbed to mountain, I had pause for 30min. When I am back on bike - Vector 3 (dual) no found, cadence not found, heart rate not found. Only speed sensor was founded.

I have new batteries for 1 week in all sensors, 2 days without problem, but after installing firmware 5.30, I have this problem.

Anyone with similiar problems?

Thanks

• Yes, I just bought the 520 plus two weeks ago and already in my third ride, just after this software update, none of the sensors worked at all. Disappointed

• Yep. I have same issue.  Just upgraded to my 5:20 Plus to version 5.30 and now the only sensor I can see is the speed sensor.  Cadence, Heart rate and Power are all missing.  I was running Zwift concurrently on my laptop with an Ant+ dongle  and it saw all of my sensors correctly...  :-(  Everything was working before the upgrade.  How do roll this back??

• I'm have the same problem since the software upgrade. Drops speed, cadence, HRM and power 5 mins into ride.

• Hi, I just downgraded back to 5.10. I haven't done a full ride yet, but at least the HR sensor (which had the worst connection of all) works properly again :). I think the rest should be fine too. This thread explains how to do it: forums.garmin.com/.../firmware-downgrade

• Great, thanks for the link, had no issues with that FW so I'll roll it back.

• Also have problem after update. Had to delete Cadence & speed sensor and add them again. They seem to be ok now. But can't get HRM to connect at all now. Was previous fw 5.10? Thanks

• Yes the one before was 5.10. 

• Hi

Yes, having problems as well

Firmware 5.1 was running perfectly, displaying HR, Power (Assioma pedals), Ultegra Di2 gears, Ultegra Di2 shifters and front and rear lights (radar and varia). Had had no problems whatsoever.

Upgraded to 5.3 and none available. Did a system reset but although the 520 saw the Power and the Di2 gears, no data was being sent

Have gone back to firmwar 5.1 and although it sees the power and the gears, i suspect exactly the same has happened

So, i am now left with a device (which is now prompting me to upgrade to 5.3!!) that will only record the bare minumum of data from the devices it was connecting to perfectly up until Garmin rolled out another firmware upgrade, presumably without actually testing it thoroughly beforehand

I've looked at the Edge in Windows 10 (file explorer and there is nothing in there that i can see that gives details of the sensors the device is connected to. Does anyone know if there is such a thing?

Very disappointed in Garmin.

• I confirm,

Continuous disconnects and connects, varia rear light, varia front light, cadence sensor and pulssensor.