This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Edge 520 7.0 Software Bluetooth Issue

Hi, my Garmin 520 just updated to firmware 7.0 and now I'm having issues with Bluetooth.

It's enabled but the symbol isn't lighting anymore and I cannot connect to my phone to upload to Garmin connect. Not too much of a problem as I can connect to my laptop... i'm just lazy and would rather just use my phone!!

Anyone has the same issue and do you have a fix?
  • You need to re-pair your phone/520.

- On your phone, forget the 520 device
    - On the 520 disable/enable Bluetooth
    - Pair devices
  • Hi Jay,

I've tried that. The Bluetooth on the Garmin seems to be not working. When I try searching for the Garmin from the phone, it cannot find it again. Before the update, the Bluetooth symbol flashed showing the Garmin was searching for a connection but now it doesn't light up at all. I have not tried a reset yet which I'll try tonight. I've been holding off as there a few workouts on there that I didn't want to lose

Just wanted to know if anyone else was finding this... it's the second one I've had now as the first died without warning!

Not overly happy with it
  • You need to re-pair your phone/520.

- On your phone, forget the 520 device
    - On the 520 disable/enable Bluetooth
    - Pair devices

I reinstated the Bluetooth but the thing won't sync at all. Not even using a cable to the computer. You syncing ok?
  • I've got the same issue as well - Bluetooth is turned on but no flashing BT symbol and doesn't show when my phone searches for a device. :(
  • I can sync using a cable, just not with Bluetooth. I'll try the reset and update later tonight. I'm going to email Garmin Tech support (or similar) now too...

Will let you know if I get any success!
  • Okay, just tried the factory reset and it's okay now... Crisis over! I will now just have the issue of running out of battery twice a month as I never plug it into my computer!
  • I'm having the same problem with the edge 520. I've just tried factory reset but no joy. Bluetooth on Garmin still not working.
  • Ran into this today as well. Took me a while but all is good now. I'm using a Note5 running Marshmallow. Here's how I did it:

Basically had to turn BT off/on on the 520, delete 520 profile from phone, re-scan, connect, get new security code from 520, go to phone BT settings, approve and enter new code. Devices paired and back in business. Of course with all things Garmin, YMMV.
  • Cheers. Bluetooth now working,
  • Bluetooth uploads are now taking a very long time, 5+ minutes. I'm on V7.10, have re-paired devices.