This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Speed/Cadence Sensors & Cold

Started trainer workouts again December 12th and set Edge 25 to "indoor mode/GPS off". In all of my last six trainer workouts the speed and cadence data graphs look like spaghetti going through them, in other words, data dropouts. No problem with the Wahoo heart rate data as it was solid red with no dropouts. I look a my Edge 25 screen during a workout and continually notice the speed goes to zero for 1-3 seconds and then back to working. I have auto pause off, so the timer keeps going. My wife's Edge 25 with the same speed/cadence sensors having the same problem. So I'm on the phone with Garmin after each of these episodes, trying new batteries, a new speed sensor and nothing works. I even shut down my Roku TV units, as Garmin advised that the 2gig signal could be interfering. I believe I may have found the answer. I decided to move my bike from the garage, temperatures in the 30's, and into our house overnight and did a four minute test. No dropouts !! Apparently the speed/cadence sensors do not like the cold. Can't figure out why this just happens on "indoor mode" though. On an outside ride all the sensor data is good with no dropouts. Perhaps something to do with the firmware? Has anyone else had issues with the sensors sitting overnight in the cold and having dropouts on an indoor workout?