This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Dropping Ant+ sensors during ride?

Thought this thread was here somewhere already, but couldn't find it.
Had this a few times but not as pronounced as yesterday.
20min into my ride, I lost contact with my Cad, HRM, Power, Speed sensors.
Still registering on my 935 watch.
Restarted the 130 and they appeared again nicely. For 10s.
Hmmm.
Turned off the phone connection and they instantly appeared again.

I've had it before, but usually they come back after a few minutes.
Looks like the Ant+ part disconnects when doing a bluetooth transfer with the phone and turns back on again when it's done.
On yesterdays ride, I was out of cell coverage, so GC on the phone couldn't sync.
  • Thought this thread was here somewhere already, but couldn't find it.
    Had this a few times but not as pronounced as yesterday.
    20min into my ride, I lost contact with my Cad, HRM, Power, Speed sensors.
    Still registering on my 935 watch.
    Restarted the 130 and they appeared again nicely. For 10s.
    Hmmm.
    Turned off the phone connection and they instantly appeared again.

I've had it before, but usually they come back after a few minutes.
    Looks like the Ant+ part disconnects when doing a bluetooth transfer with the phone and turns back on again when it's done.
    On yesterdays ride, I was out of cell coverage, so GC on the phone couldn't sync.

I also experienced this issue.
    For me, it usually loose connection after 4-6 mins when I started my ride.
    But fortunatelly it will reconnect after some secs.
  • Normally I'd see it reconnect after a minute or so (time it takes GCM to sync?) but this time there was borderline cell coverage it was >10min and as soon as the phone pairing was turned off, the sensors came back to life.
    I think it started syncing and then went out of range and didn't time-out.
  • Same problem here.
    While syncing with the Garmin Connect Mobile App on iOS the connection to the ANT+ heartrate and power meter isn't possible.
    If i deactivate the bluetooth connection on the phone/Garmin, the sensors will connect immediately.
  • I had the same thing happen on my last ride. Twice that I noticed, my HR and cadance sensor dropped out at the same time then started registering again after around 30 seconds. Possibly the speed sensor dropped also and the 130 was displaying speed by GPS but I'm not sure. First time I've had this happen and it happened first ride after I updated to the 3.30 firmware.
  • I have this same issue as well, but ill add that it can happen at any time and multiple times during the ride. Mostly it is less than 30 seconds per instance and if I am outdoors it's just a annoyance at loss of cadence and HR since GPS takes over speed. However when training indoors and the computer doesn't have GPS it auto pauses the workout and I lose all that data. I believe it is tied to bluetooth and the phone sync because if I turn that off I dont have the issue. The problem is that with no bluetooth, you lose live track, notifications, weather, strava segments, etc, the computer just becomes a bare bones cycling display.

I will also say I have had a few instances where after resuming from an auto pause, sensors will not reconnect. I either have to really pause the ride multiple times for them to come back or go into settings, delete the sensor and rediscover before everything works again.

Very frustrating issues from an otherwise amazing product!
  • From time to time i'm have the same issue. The EDGE130 drops the connection to the cadence or the heart rate (booth Garmin) sensors
  • I have had this problem too, but only during the last month or so (I have been using the Edge 130 with same HRM for the last year). It is always around the 12-14 minute mark on my daily commute (both ways) and only lasts a minute or so before reconnecting. This really has been a dreadful purchase, beset with issues since day one.
  • I've just turned the phone sync off on the 130.
    No more issue.
    Never had any other problems.

Now to wait for a fix.
  • same issue on my 130 and Quarq PM, the sensor drop would be random but usually appears once every hour, the senor would reconnect after a few seconds most of the time, there are a few times I have to restart the unit because it would not reconnect by itself
  • same issue on my 130 and Quarq PM, the sensor drop would be random but usually appears once every hour, the senor would reconnect after a few seconds most of the time, there are a few times I have to restart the unit because it would not reconnect by itself

Phone connected at the same time?