software elevation bug after pause/resume ride

Manually pause a ride. After resuming the ride, the elevation and grade do not update correctly as you continue your ride. The other sensors such as speed and cadence do not have this defect. This problem was reported more than 5 years ago for a different Garmin, Edge 530. Apparently the software defect is in the common code for Edge devices and Garmin has no interest in fixing it.

• I can confirm this bug and it's super annoying! How can this be that this bug is not fixed even it was reported more than 5 years ago? Considering the premium price of Garmin devices, this is not at all acceptable and it makes me seriously doubt whether my next bike computer will be from Garmin again.

• I have a similar issue with my Edge Explore 2 (firmware up-to-date) : if I pause the activity AND the garmin put himself in sleep mode, the rest of the elevation is not take in count : it did not change for the rest of the activity on the screen, and once save and synch with Garmin Connect, it doesn't have the correct elevation (all others information are OK)

Only the "correct elevation" option on Strava can give me the final result.

I will disable the "auto-sleep mode" to try to avoid it, but it's a rather inappropriate behavior