Edge 130 plus not charging to 100%

Bought my edge 130 plus cycling comp a few weeks ago. Didn't fully charge it until recently and noticed that it doesn't charged passed 97%. Also recently noticed on my first longer ride that the battery life, while not too bad, is not great and certainly below what is advertised. Any help appreciated (will obviously try a hard reset at some point soon)

• Assuming the charger is fine (as in: you tried more than one, or it charges other low-capacity USB devices flawlessly), and you waited hours, my money is on a hardware problem. It does automatically power on when it sees a charger connected, but it continues charging after you turn it off. So that suggests the firmware isn't in control of the charging process. Still, there's a sparkle of hope that a hard reset would reset the low-level control circuitry.

You wouldn't have a USB tester that monitors voltage and current, or one of those fancy flashy cables? Then you cal tell if it still consumes current while at 97%. It's only about 120mA around 80% on mine, and I know it gets even lower further on.

What's your climate? I read much earlier about these things not coping under freezing conditions. I have never noticed anything weird myself, but it hardly ever freezes here anymore.