This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

"Waiting for GPS" UGH!

Could anyone provide me with guidance regarding the Garmin Edge 130 Plus? I recently purchased one from Amazon, and although the time display is functioning properly, it seems to be unable to establish a GPS connection. With a clear view of the sky the device consistently displays the message "Waiting for GPS" at the top and fails to record the distance.

• It can take some time to get a GPS fix, but this should be shortened considerably if you sync with Garmin Connect or Express first.  Part of the sync process is that Garmin downloads the current satellite positions for your area.  Sync with Garmin Connect app on your phone, or with Garmin Express on your computer, then go outside and see if you get a GPS fix sooner.  I would expect a GPS lock within two minutes if you sync first.

• Thanks for your response.  Yesterday I went on a 30 mile bike ride. It was a little over two hours. The Garmin recorded it as 2:05:22 hours, 0.67 miles and 0.00 mph avg. This was a refurbished device and I think it was Dead On Arrival to me. I sent it back.

• Yeah, sounds like you got a bad one.  Hopefully you have another coming that will work properly.

• Yes, I returned it.