This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Does the Edge 130 Plus work with dual-sided powermeters?

I have a 4iiii dual-sided powermeter. My Garmin will sense both sides when doing the calibration mode. However, when riding, it will only pick up the left (non-drive side) powermeter output. Any help greatly appreciated!

• Typically the correct ANT+ implementation for a dual sided system is that one side is considered the controller. It should aggregate the data from the other side and pass all the data to the head unit.

The head unit should just need to pair to the controlling side. The fact that the system is dual sided is hidden from the head unit in terms of communication. The head unit only talks to one side.

Would you be willing to share one of the FIT activities?

• @aweatherall thanks for the insightful and informative reply.  It sounds as though my 4iiii dual powermeter setup is probably functioning as intended.  

My main concern, and I didn't make this clear in my original post, is that in my Garmin mobile app, the L/R balance, torque effectiveness, and pedal smoothness fields come up as nulls for any given event.  I queried Garmin help and the reply was that the "pedaling dynamic data" would only be provided if I was using Garmin pedal-based powermeters(!).  So, a bit disappointing, if this is the case.  

I'd be willing to share a FIT activity.  The question is, and pardon my newbie-ness, is how do I download a FIT file to this site?

Thanks again!

• As an entry level model the 130 does not support TE/PS. I would need to check if it supports power balance, but I'm fairly sure it does not.

• Okay, thanks!   My next question would be then, moving up the Garmin food chain, which model does support TE/PS/PB?  The 530, maybe?

• Correct, 530/540/830/840/1030/1030+/1040

• Okay, thanks again @aweatherall for the info - greatly appreciate it!  I will investigate some of the other Edge models that you have listed.