This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Garmin sync fails

Running latest version, 2.90, Garmin Connect on iPhone also up to date 4.57. Syncing goes on for hours and does not succeed.

Syncing with Garmin Express on Mac works fine. I deleted the latest activities from the device's history to see if there was an issue with my latest rides, but this does not fix the syncing issue with Garmin Connect. Unable to sync with iPhone.

• Make sure you are connected to internet with the phone, either via cell or WiFi.  It shouldn't need connectivity, but with the regular 130 I've found it doesn't want to sync unless the phone has access to the internet.  I suspect Garmin Connect app needs to store everything externally on their servers or something like that.

• Thanks, but that's not the problem.... Second day in a row this is happening, same behavior on wifi and cellular connection. Sync with Garmin Connect begins, takes a very long time, and then just stops. The only thing I can think of that may possibly be related is that iOS was updated to 15.6 the evening before the initial failure. Again, syncing via Garmin Express on Mac works via USB connection. The main problem with lack of iPhone sync is that downloading routes to the Garmin device in the field is impossible.

• I'm having trouble with mine syncing on Android too. keeps telling me it's updating the software and then sync fails after about 10 mins, even though it's running the latest software and has been for a long time.