This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Battery percentage instead of Battery bar

Hi 

Is there any way that battery bar can be changed in percentage?

Thank you very much for your time 

G

• On my 130+, whenever the battery level is displayed, it's shown with the percentage next to it... what am I missing?

•   

maybe I missing something

• I see, you're referring the the battery data field in a page. I personally don't need to see the battery level while I'm riding (if I really want to, I can hold the upper-right button to display the menu page, which has the battery % at the top), but I do understand your ask.

Check the Connect IQ Store, it seems there are a couple apps that promise to do exactly what you need, like this one.

• If anyone is interested, I tested the Connect IQ app I mentioned above, and it does exactly what it says...it adds a data field that you can put on a page, showing the battery level as a percentage. No icon, just a number (e.g. 98%).

• How did you do this ?

• Turn on the device

Open Garmin Connect mobile app

More > Connect IQ Store

Search for app (there are a few battery-related apps, I did not test them all but the one I listed above does show the battery charge in percentage)

Click on the app you want, then click on Download

Let the device sync (it can take a while)

On the device, go to Ride Settings > Data Pages, then scroll to the page you want to edit and click Enter

In the list of fields, you should have Connect IQ and under it you should see the new app

• Do you have to have garmin connected to iq for it to work or is it just connected to load once?

• Just once to download from Connect IQ Store and sync to the device. To uninstall an app, go to the Device page on Garmin Connect mobile app, then look under Activities, Apps & More > Data Fields.

• Thank you, I’m having battery issues with my 130 at the moment and want to see how fast battery is draining while using, got only 66k with half charge at weekend, garmin have offers me a refurbished replacement but won’t upgrade to 130plus. I’m thing of keeping unit and get battery upgrade done myself in my own unit.

• It's displaying also battery level in Garmin connect