This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Edge 130 -- want to keep it simple, VERY simple

I want to use Edge 130 at its most basic level (like an edge 500)--just to track my rides. At some point I may use other features, but initially only want it to mimic the 500. All of the tutorials seem to quickly/immediately zoom off into all its other potentials.

But I don't have or want any training plans, nor do I need to see my "progress" on those. I don't use any sensors, I don't need it to tell me how I'm doing (either along the way or when done).

As with the 500, I'd like to turn it on when I start a ride, and turn it off when done. And watch time and distance along the way. And then upload that when back home (to view on Connect and the calendar there).

I do have the phone app and think I've paired it, so I guess that will work out for the upload. But really, instead of shotgunning all its features at once, can I just start with basic square one and move on when I need to?

Signed,

Rather frustrated with info/options overload...

• I think, maybe, I've got it figured out--or at least it worked today as I had hoped it would. So fingers crossed that I'll be okay...!  Slight smile

I'll probably be nervous for a while, worried that I'll tap/bump the wrong button.