This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Wrong data during indoor cycling - Wrong Ascent and Distance

Hi,

I am using Edge 130 plus with 3x BLE/ANT+ sensors (1x speed , 1x cadence, 1x HRM).

When I perform an Indoor session , I am getting the text that GPS is "Off". That's great.

Then I record the session concurrently with a Polar Vantage M (BLE), Japster, Cycling IQ (Apps with ANT+) and Fenix 6 (ANT+).

In all cases the circumference has been set at the same value.

In all devices GPS is set "Off" (app settings or device automation based on profile selection)

Cadence and HRM in all recordings seems to be the same

However

1. Edge 130 Plus is recording ascent (!!!) on the contrary with everybody else. I was not expecting this. Even if the barometer is active, it should take any input from that.

2. Edge 130 Plus and Fenix 6 recorded distance is different from the other (Polar, Phone apps). All the other have distance measured perfectly matched.

At the same time 130 Plus and Fenix 6 have different distances recorded among them. Clearly, since I use the Edge 130 plus for cycling, this is my main issue. Fenix 6 is used as backup.

To give you and indication in a test ride, all Apps and Polar recorded 1510m of distance, whereas Edge 130 plus recorded 1440m. The distance difference was increasing linearly with the speed. Slow speed, slow increase in difference. High speed, accelerated difference. I also observed that the distance difference was affected by accelerations or slow downs vs steady speed. With a circumference of 2170mm as measured with a tape, this ends up to almost 33 rotations missed from Edge 130 plus.

So, it seems that 130 Plus is not recording correct from sensors, even with manual set circumference. For the elevation it is self-explanatory that is just wrong.

Has anybody observed same behavior? Have you seem something similar?

• Just a thought, do you have auto-start / auto-pause enabled on the Edge? Because that causes a brief delay of recording each time you start/stop, which will lose some distance.

Also what exactly is your speed source? Is it speed data from a smart trainer? Or an actual speed sensor on a wheel-on trainer? And if it's a smart trainer, what app are you connected to?