This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

MTB Enhancement Requests - Garmin Please Read

I have been using the Edge 130 Plus for mountain biking for quite a while now, and here's a list of possible enhancements. I hope someone from Garmin is monitoring this forum and is willing to pass these suggestions to Engineering, for consideration.

1. Truncated course names. They should allow full names and have automatic scrolling right-to-left when you select a course in the list. Garmin Support already responded to me saying it is "by design". Yes, it's bad design.

2. Option to set a default map zoom level if not using auto-zoom, or at least remember the current zoom level between sessions. With MTB, the current default zoom level is often not good enough, when navigating trails you need a closer view. Currently, zoom level resets to default even if you change page during navigation.

3. Add the ability to scroll through the list of text messages, and open them individually to see the entire body. Currently, if you don't catch them when you get the notification (on MTB, that's not always possible), there is no way to read the full message.

4. Add an option to disable the "ghost arrow" when navigating a course. It's not uncommon for it to overlap with the current position, confusing things up and hiding the portion of the map that you actually need to see clearly. Probably not a problem for road cyclists, but for MTB navigation you need a higher level of detail.

5. Add a visual aid to help understand if an un-ridden section of a course overlaps with a section you already did. Un-ridden portions of the course are white, your actual path is black and hides the white... a possible solution would be to use gray when white and black overlap. For MTB, it's not unusual to have sections where you go one way, then come back on the same trail.

Thank you!