This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Include Power 10s and 30s avg

Hey,

Why has Garmin only included 3s power avg? Surely this could be included in a firmware update?

Without 10s or 30s Power, it makes it really hard to keep power trend-lines on point and adjust or fine tune output to stick to a number.

Can you please include it?

Thanks.

Top Replies

• Thanks  I will definitely keep that in mind for a work around.

I have read that 'cannibalize' point before. I still don't get it exactly because the 530 still has a bigger display, colour, better maps…

All Replies

• I have that gut feeling, the purpose behind why 1s, 10s, 30s power avg weren't included because (amongst some other things) this small little gem could 'cannibalize'  Garmin's other units from Garmin's own market, like the Edge 530 otherwise. (Especially if Edge130Plus would have a slightly better battery.)

As a best practice for substituting e.g. 30s power avg, I've put the Power - Lap field to the screen and press Lap when I start the interval. I know, not the same as 30s pwr avg field but at least this little trick could help. If 3s pwr avg is also on the screen these two fields together can be used quite well for adjusting & fine tune the power output (at least to me this works pretty well). Hope this information helps a bit. ;-)

• Thanks  I will definitely keep that in mind for a work around.

I have read that 'cannibalize' point before. I still don't get it exactly because the 530 still has a bigger display, colour, better maps, + more so its still worth the extra $100 to some people. Holding it back from the 130 Plus just feels a bit pushy to make you choose a more expensive model, when all you really want is one more calculation to the software.