This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Shimano Di2 integration

Is there a specific reason why the Edge 130 Plus is not compatible with the Shimano Di2 electronic shifters?  Is it related to connectivity issues either via Bluetooth or Ant+?  Is it a firmware issue because of the small screen size?  Or is it a software limitation that can be overcome with an update at a later time.  If neither of these, is is just a ploy by Garmin to make you buy a more expensive unit?  Just curious.  My new bike has these shifters, but with a 1X set up so I don’t really need the integration that badly, but it would be nice to be able to move screens with the shifter buttons.

• I suspect it is more the fact that it is an entry level unit and so some features are cut.

• I believe you are correct.  For what is worth, I bought the unit because of its size, not the price or the ‘entry level’ number of features.  The 130 plus fits perfectly on the stem of my tri bike where it is out of the way but easy to see when I am tucked in.  A bigger computer would have been a pain to use in between the elbow pads, etc.  I do move the unit around to the mtb and my new gravel bike where size is less critical. But it pains me to have more than one computer just because of size - features combinations...

• It's definitely not the power or screen size.  I've written a CIQ data field that displays the AXS gears, but Shimano uses a proprietary Ant interface which prevents me from adding support for DI2.

• Thanks, and though sad, I am sure that is indeed the case.