This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Some But Not ALL Garmin Segments are Triggering

Just got my Edge 130 Plus, and it is awesome. Still getting used to all the features, and I have a question about Garmin segments.

I just started cycling a few months ago, and took advantage of Strava's 3 months free membership, which got me hooked on Live Segments (competing against myself, because the KOM's leave me in the virtual dust). My trial ran out about same time that I got this Edge 130 Plus, so I'm trying hard to replicate everything that Strava Premium gave me with Garmin services. I have Strava linked, so posting, and even Strava segments sync up for free, so that's no issue, but Live Segments is a Premium feature (as well as Beacon, but Garmin's Live Tracking works perfectly for me).

So I spent a good amount of time "creating" segments on Garmin that replicate the Strava segments so that I can have that "competing feel". It works great for most segments, but there are a few that simply do not prompt the Segment in real time, even though after the ride I can navigate to Segments and it did track it and time it for me. They are all favorited and the Edge is synced, so I don't know what I'm missing. I swear, at the end of one of the segments that didn't "proc" the thing beeped (seemingly for no reason) but I wonder if that is telling me that Segment is finished?

If anyone knows what I'm missing I'd love to be able to fix it!

• I'm wondering if those segments haven't actually been downloaded to your 130+.  Also, are any of the segments overlapping?  Not quite sure what would happen then.

If you plug your 130+ in to your computer, you can see what segments are downloaded to your device by going to the Garmin\Segments folder.  That would tell you if the segments at least have been downloaded.

• I noticed that everything has downloaded, but the missing segments are the same route but opposite ways.  One pair is "Coolee Crossing East" and it's opposite "Coolee Crossing West", I believe it's the East that will not sync up even though it is in my web connect.  Also there is Chickamaw Straight #1 and Chickamaw Straight #2, and they go in opposite directions.  I factory reset the Edge and resynced with the same problem.  Is it the fact that their name is almost the same, or the fact that the route is the same but going in opposite directions?  

• Possibly due to the same name.  I know there are issues with courses if you have two courses with the first 16 characters the same.  I've never tried with segments.  I have had pairs of segments like yours in opposite directions, but the names have always been much shorter.

• This is exactly the issue. I meant to come back and respond. I changed them to 1 Chickasaw and 2 Chickasaw, and put east and west in the other pair and it worked perfectly.  

Thank you so much!