This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Electronic shifting

I did not buy the 130 only because it's not connecting with Shimano Di2 and Sram eTap. The plus is following the same path? Pity

• I have a personal CIQ data field that gives me AXS shifting status on my 130.  I'm thinking about polishing it up a bit and posting in the store.  It won't be able to store the shifting info in the .FIT file like native support, but will let you display gears in a data field.  I'll probably call it eShift130.

Current plans are to let the user configure the gears, and have it show either gear index or tooth count, front and back.  I'm not planning on doing any graphical representations, just the numbers.

The only electronic shifting support I have currently is AXS 1x12 - 10:50.  So I'll be relying on others to let me know if it works with other setups.  

If anyone has specific modes they'd like to see, let me know.  Also, just post a quick response if this is interesting to you.  If no interest, I won't bother.

All the other CIQ electronic shifting data fields out there rely on native support in the device.  My field opens the Ant+ data channel directly in CIQ.

• How do I go about getting this? I just purchased a 130plus and axs

• I hadn't gotten any responses so I hadn't bothered publishing it.  I'll try to get it out within the next week.  What data are you hoping to see? gear index? tooth count?  Both front and rear, or just rear?  You'll be the first Guinee pig so let me know if you have any preferences.

• Published the first draft last night.  It might take a day or two for it to get through the approval process but then will be in the store and available for both the 130 and 130+.  

Settings might still be a bit confusing:

Display Mode: show indexes vs tooth count - it's pretty simple at this point and not customized to field size.

Configuration: (This is for the rear) - 'Custom' uses the gear sizes you set further down, or specify a stock configuration and it will ignore the lower gears.

Leave the bottom entries for gear count at zero if you don't have that many cogs.

I haven't tested with Front derailleur but hopefully it'll just work (famous last words).

Use the "Contact developer" in the Garmin store if you have any issues.  Make sure to include your e-mail address or I can't respond.

I'm not planning on doing much to this field unless I get requests, so let me know if there is functionality you'd like that's missing or specific ways you'd like the data displayed (font size / layout / etc.). 

• i will be getting the 130 plus just for this.  Can't justify getting 530 plus for 100 more dollars just for color.  thanks!

• I can't believe 530, 830 and 1030/Plus support Shimano STEPS but not the 130 Plus. 

Come on Garmin? Neither my Fenix 6 Pro Solar nor my 130 Plus support the STEPS connectivity. Can you please enable this in a future firmware update.

• i would like the tooth count. The gear, we know then as well (if you are tech lovers like you and me). Great! But still do not have the AXS but the Edge 130 is great (wear a Fenix 5X Plus as well with Bulgarian orthographic maps that saved my life already three times in the mountain when a storm or lightning came up unexpected). Bulgaria is great!! +je

• And the contrast is much, much better on the 130!! Only thing you have to know is that lap is set on 5 km fixed and you have to work around this with segments if you want to compare specific ascends and descends. Climb Pro is only on 130 Plus, i have the old 130 with Garmin RTL radar and that is great. +je

• Hi! Just found this thread since I just acquired a 130+. Does this CIQ now sends shifting info in the .FIT?

• No.  Sorry.  Even if I added shifting info to the activity.fit file, it wouldn't be in the standard way that any existing software knows how to read it.  Shifts are current saved as EVENT messages when you have natively paired shifting and CIQ can't add those.  The best that could be done would be to add the current gear to the RECORD messages which are either one a second if you have Every Second recording enabled, or would only be ever few seconds if you used the default Smart Recording.  That could potentially miss a lot of shifts.  Plus no existing software would know what to do with it.  Bottom line is there is no point in adding them.