Garmin IQ Data fields and Wahoo Kickr

I have a couple IQ store data fields (Xert FTP and Edge All in 1) that work great outside with my bike's power meter, but for some reason don't pull power data from my Wahoo Kickr. The Edge 1050 pulls power data into its native fields but it doesn't translate over to these fields (which I assume, possible incorrectly, just pull from the Edge's recorded data). Anyone have any idea what's up here? TIA.

• On my TACX Neo and Edge 1050 it works like this:
    -connection of trainer with Edge as ANT+ FE-C brings control of trainer and speed and cadence readings to IQ datafields
    -additional connection trainer as power sensor over ANT+ brings power readings to IQ datafields

• Thanks for replying.  I'm pretty sure I'm connected via ANT as I am able to change settings on my trainer (such as resistance level) through my head unit.  I'm not an expert on this stuff but I thought that was an indicator you are connected through ANT+.  

I can see speed and cadence on the IQ fields, but I can't see power data even though the Edge shows it in its native fields.

So is there a way to tell or designate if my trainer is connected to the head unit via ANT+?

Appreciate your help!

• You have to connect your trainer in 2 ways to your Edge.
    -first: is done already. You have connected your trainer as Ant+ FE-C and you can control the trainer
    -second: you have to do: turn on your Kickr and turn on your Edge. Wait for the connection to your Kickr. Now go to sensors on your Edge, press  „add a sensor“, chose „Power“, find your Kickr as Power sensor (it appears probably as a number) add it and connect!

• Thanks again for your help. I've definitely done the second thing but now I'm wondering about the first. 

I see a screen where I can change the trainer settings but in hindsight I'm not sure I ever actually tested it. I just connected via sensor and started riding in ERG mode on My Whoosh. 

I need to look at that first part more closely.