Tones are too soft (inaudible) (re-opened)

I am re-opening this because https://forums.garmin.com/sports-fitness/cycling/f/edge-1050/377955/tones-are-too-soft-inaudible/1847368#1847368 was closed and locked without a proper resolution. The person who closed it, linked to https://forums.garmin.com/sports-fitness/cycling/f/edge-1050/387970/too-many-beeps-just-want-varia-radar-warnings as an answer, but that post has nothing to do with this topic.

I am looking for a resolution to the audio tones, in totality, having a sound design that is not conducive to road cycling. The attack on each sound is far slower than on the 1040 and the overall tone of each sound is a lower pitch than the 1040 sounds. This makes hearing the device over wind noise effectively impossible.

-----

The new tones are way too soft and as a result are inaudible at speed. They could be twice as loud as they are now at the loudest setting and they still probably wouldn't be audible. There should be a way to select a different tone set that replicates the frequency, pitch, and volume of the buzzer on the 1040. I can somewhat hear the radar alerts, but the tone for hitting the first and last gears when shifting Di2 might as well not be sounded at all.

2024-07-17: to clarify, by "soft" I am referring to the design of the sounds. Yes, the volume is too low for them to be audible, but a large part of the difficulty in hearing them is due to their soft design. The 1040's buzzer sounds have hard attacks, high pitch/frequency, and loud volume.

• Thank you for following up. Due to differences between the Edge 1040 and 1050, I am not certain if those exact sounds can be replicated.

We are interested in feedback about rider experience with Edge 1050 sounds. If you experience similar concerns with Edge 1050 sounds being difficult to hear in some conditions, please reply with your permission for Garmin to reach out to you via email.
  • I haven't suggested "those exact sounds." But we need better ones that are actually designed for the use case; not ones designed to sound pretty while the computer is sitting on a table.

Yes, you can contact me via email.