"Failed to get Basemap version" error

Just got a new Edge 1050. During the boot up an error message pops up briefly, "Failed to get Basemap version." I am still able to see maps and am not sure whether the message is a problem beyond the fact that the message pops up. I haven't tried out enough of the features of the device to know if it's problematic, but am interested to know if it's a known issue, or just my new device.

TIA,

Michael

• Uninstalled and then reinstalled all maps via Garmin Express and now the message has disappeared. I still can't figure out if there was any impairment of functionality when the error was popping up, but it's gone now, so I'm moving on at this point.

• I don’t have a 1050 so not much help but I assume the error related to the world wide low resolution non-routable base map which “should” be installed automatically with other maps but perhaps not always? Your re-install must have also  forced the install of the missing base map.

Any way, thanks for your follow up, too often a question is posed without replies and we never know the resolution (or not) of the issue, equally often a solution is proposed but the original poster  never follows up with a reply. Good luck with your 1050, it seems like a good device and another release or two should shake out remaining issues, hopefully.