Edge 1050 stops recording course when stationary

I've recently purchased an Edge 1050 and have to admit to finding it very unintuitive to use. One problem in particular is proving very frustrating. When riding a downloaded course the device stops recording at even the briefest stationary moments, eg. road junctions and traffic lights. Recording doesn't start automatically when moving again, the start activity button needs to be pushed manually to recommence recording and is too easily overlooked. This surely can't be the way it's supposed to operate for such a basic function? I must be doing something wrong? I've read and re-read the manual but can't find a solution. Any help would be much appreciated. 

• This is not the normal behaviour of the Edge 1050.

There is a function „Autopause“ under Profile - Timer. If autopause is set to „when stopped“, the device will stop recording if there is no speed, but it continous automatically when there is a speed detected. This is the only function which can stop/pause the recording automatically. But never it is necessary to press the start button in autopause mode.

The only time you have to press start button during a recording is, after you have pressed the start button to manually pause the recording.

So, I suggest to look at Profile - Timer - Autopause, and for a first try turn it off!

• Many thanks. I couldnt figure out why it all worked ok when first used, but not on subsequent rides. I now realise that autopause  is configurable between profiles so changed when selecting the road, mtb or gravel profile. All ok now!