Assign Sensors to Activity Profiles

It seems like this has been brought up previously, but it has been a while so I'll bring it back up.  Why can't we assign sensors to activity profiles?

Before I started using my old Edge 830 with multiple bikes I figured this would just be how it worked, but was disappointed when I found out it didn't.  When I got my Edge 1050 I really hoped maybe it would happen, but still no.  My biggest problem is with the lights, I have a UT800 headlight on each bike and a radar that I swap back and forth and sometimes the Edge will connect to the headlight on the bike I'm not taking out and not the one I want and then I'll have to disconnect the one I don't want and get the headlight I do want to connect and then hope it forms a network with the radar before I go out.  Most of the time I just give up and manually press the button on the lights to get them in the mode I want.

It'd be awesome if you could assign the sensors you want to use with an activity profile so the Edge will just attempt to connect to those, and then maybe instead of having to go into the sensors page to see if everything is connected just show a single icon on the main screen that indicates if all sensors for that profile are connected or not.