Edge 1050 is supplied with a USB-C cable, while Edge 1040 comes with a USB-A to USB-C cable. Does this indicate differences when charging the units?

I'm trying to understand the changes to recent Garmin Edge computers, and what they imply about connecting to computers and charging.

After buying the Edge 1050, I also bought an Anker 747 Charger, which has three USB-C plugs and one USB-A plug, and can supply a total of 150W.

I'm charging my Edge 1050 now.  It was at 10% battery charge when I started, and in approximately one hour, has reached 70%.  This seems pretty fast.

In the past, I've used a wall charger that has USB-A plugs only for Edge 1030, 1030 Plus and 1040 units.  I'd like to know if it is safe for me to use the USB-C cable that came with the 1050 to charge the 1040, or should I continue to use the USB-A to USB-C cable when charging the 1040?  I expect that charging with the USB-C cable would be faster, but is it safe?

Also, I have continued to use the supplied USB-A to USB-C cable when connecting the Edge 1040 to my desktop computer (Windows 11).  Could I change to using a USB-C cable for the 1040?  (My computer has three USB-A ports on the front of the case, but only one USB-C port. So, if I want to connect both Edge units at the same time, I have to use one USB-A port.)