Battery Save Mode differences between 1050 and 1040

I used Battery Save Mode on the 1030 Plus and earlier Edge models.  The most noticeable change with this mode on was that the display screen was blank most of the time.  It would come on when the rider stopped (such as for a traffic signal), or when a message had to be delivered (such as when navigating).  When I was carrying my 1030 Plus in my back pocket (as backup / comparison while using the 1040), I could get really significant battery life - I think it was 78 hours between charges.

According to the 1040 User Manual, Battery Save Mode turns off the display, but this doesn't seem to match what actually happens on the unit.  The 1040's Battery Saver Mode doesn't have a setting to turn off the display.  Battery life is great without worrying about Battery Save Mode, but this mode doesn't seem to deliver like it did on the 1030 Plus.

On the 1050, Battery Save Mode does have a setting to turn off the display.  I'll try it tomorrow, and compare it to the 1040.

This brings up another matter - Garmin's Edge User Manuals.  I'm not aware that Garmin has ever updated a manual for an Edge computer.  Currently, the Edge 1040 has received many features that debuted on the 1050.  I think it's time for Garmin to start keeping documentation current.