Now new Edge 1050 won't pair to the iPhone!

It paired yesterday and even this morning.  But now, the Edge 1050 isn't found by my phone's Bluetooth.  

The included troubleshooting says to make sure it's enabled.  it is. 

It says "If you have a new device out of the box, make sure it is plugged in and turned on.   Plugged into WHAT?   It's fully charged and turned ON.  

It says to turn the phone's Bluetooth off and on.  I did.  No joy. 

It says to restart the Edge.  I have . . . a dozen times.  No joy.

It says to quit and restart Garmin Connect.  I have.  Garmin Connect can't find the phone. 

It says to restart the phone.  I have.  

It says to remove my edge bluetooth settings and Garmin Connect.  Done that.  No joy. 

This is most frustrating.  I've had the new Edge for 3 days and have gone on 3 rides without it.  All the rest of my time has been spent trying to get it to work at all. 

• Try rebooting your iPhone. Not, just turning it off and back on again. Rebooting it is quickly pressing volume up then down in quick succession, then holding the power button down till you see the apple logo come back on the black screen after it has turned off. With all the app updates and the like, iPhones need to be rebooted properly sometimes to enable connections like Bluetooth to function correctly with certain devices from time to time. Almost every time my family members have issues with one device or another and they ask me to fix it. A correct reboot, rather than off/on is what fixes it. This process is not an easy thing to do either. The volume up down buttons must be pressed within a second of each other and then the power held down. Do not slide the bar to allow it to power off when holding the power button down, just keep your finger holding the power button down after the volume up/down and then it will automatically reboot back to the apple screen. When you see the apple, you can remove your finger from the power button. It takes 20-30 seconds depending on your iPhone model. Hope this helps you.

• My problem turned out to be the USB cable.  They didn't send a USB to USBC cable so wasn't using the proper cable that passes data as well as charges.   I have the proper cable now and all is good. 

• A cable fixed your Bluetooth issues. Ok

• No, sorry if I misled.  The cable fixed the Windows computer to the Edge communication. 

Nothing fixed the Bluetooth issue . . . even totally rebooting the iPHone.  You're right, they do seem to need a total reboot once in a while and I've done that quite a few times over the years.    
    Rides from RidewithGPS.com still won't automatically copy to the Edge 1050.  So I give up and will use the cable method from now on.