how to stop the timer

Trying to get a route from Ridewithgps into the 1050 (just received it new today).  Suddenly, I see that a timer is running. 
I don't know why.  

I can't even turn the unit off, it says that I must stop the timer.  

One screen is showing 0 cadence, 0 speed, 0 heartrate, and .24 miles distance.  I'm simply sitting at my desk.  

I've been working at this for over 45 minutes with no joy.  

What's the secret?

• Press the Start/Stop button. It’s the one on the bottom right side. Them press the RED square and after that press Discard to delete the ride.

• Also, when the 1050 is running, pressing the Power ON button only works as Lock/Unlock button. So make sure the 1050 is Unlock before even attempting to stop the ride. When the screen is Unlock, you will see a Lock symbol unlocked on the screen.

• Ahhhh!  Thank you very, very much for taking the time to help me.  .  The Start/Stop button is covered by the Neoprene cover.  
    The Garmin support pages said to swipe up and then click the pause or end button.  It said nothing about the button on the lower side and I didn't even know it was ther.  1-1/2 hours shot!  You've saved me!  Thank you, thank you, thank you!  

Now I can get back to trying to pin a ridewithgps route to see it on the new 1050 like I did every day with my old WAHOO.   I got one to appear in the Edge (following the on-line directions) but couldn't get another.  I'm following support and not having much consistent luck.  

Thank you again.  

• The Start/Stop button is also printed in the silicone case.

• Another hint:
    apparently an activity has started without you doing anything. That will happen again, because the timer start obviously is set to „automatic“. (Profile - Timer)
    Sitting at your desk and having a GPS sat fix produces random speed (and distance) because of noise of GPS. Set „timer start“ to manually for the beginning.

• I have the auto timer speed set to 4mph.  But hadn't considered "GPS Noise".  You're right.  The unwanted activity shows that I jumped around my home desk by sometimes a couple of hundred feet.  I guess the 1050 thought I was cycling.    I need to get used to the Garmin whereas I came from years of WAHOO where my timer would start and stop only when I was moving or not. 

Thank you for the advice.  I've turned the Auto Timer off.