Serious 1050 Audio Design Flaw

So I cannot believe what my Garmin support representative just reported to me. Apparently, if you want to wear earbuds while using the Edge 1050, you will ONLY be able to hear navigational prompts through them. You will NOT be able to hear any audio alerts through your earbuds. According to Garmin support: "By design, "device tones" will always come from the device."

Why in the world someone at Garmin made this decision is beyond me. If you are wearing earbuds, Garmin thinks you will only want to hear the navigational prompts, the audio alerts will only play through the Edge speaker, and of course since you're wearing earbuds, you won't be able to hear them.

Am I the only one who finds this completely irrational? Is everyone else okay with this? Am I the only person who rides with earbuds? I cannot believe why this isn't the single most complained about design flaw in the Edge 1050.

What am I missing here folks? Am I just an outlier who thinks this doesn't make sense? Are other cycling computers designed the same way? I am ready to return my Edge and try some of the other competition because I feel like this is just a serious, serious design flaw. Please, someone explain it to me so I can understand better.

Even if I cannot wrap my head around this, I feel like I must share this so other potential buyers won't make the same mistake of buying the Edge 1050. So very, very sad.

• The 1040 works the same way. I do wear AirPods Pro 2 while riding but I have mine with noise cancellation off so I can hear alerts from the 1050 speaker. This design is totally done on purpose. For safety reasons no one should wear noise cancelling earbuds while riding so you are aware of your surroundings. BTW, I also get my Varia Radar alerts coming out of my AirPods. 

• Here on Europe almost every country is forbidden headphones meanwhile cycling, it's danger and mortal. And if have any country with this permission...if anyone have a accident with headphones...how you can argued with assurance company ? you can have all the reasons in this world, but if you have a accident with the headphones or earbuds, you always are guilty. it's similar to drive with alchool on blood. it's only my thoughts about personal security on road.

• I know what you are trying to do is illegal here, in California and many other states.

It is illegal to have a headset on while driving or biking, according to California Vehicle Code 27400. “A person operating a motor vehicle or bicycle may not wear a headset covering, earplugs in or earphones covering, resting on, or inserted in both ears,” the code states.

• Respectfully, if this design was "totally done on purpose", then why did Garmin program SOME audio to be allowed to play through the earbuds, but not ALL? If Garmin concedes that some riders will choose to wear earbuds, and thus make the navigation alerts play through the earbuds, then why not allow ALL sounds/alerts to be played through the earbuds? The rationale doesn't make sense to me. 

• I agree, no make any sense block some functions and another no.

this remember me one thing: The cars manufacturers knowing in most countries the top speed on road permitted by law is 120kph, but making cars with the top speed beyond 120, no make any sense make a product with forbidden functions almost everywhere.