No Edge 1050 Sounds in Bluetooth Connected Earbuds :(

I have a brand new Edge 1050 and I cannot hear any of the sounds through my phone's Bluetooth connected earbuds. I can hear all sounds from my phone just fine. The Edge 1050 sounds (nav and tones) play through the Edge speaker, but not through my earbuds. The Edge and my phone are connected and all activities sync just fine. When I turn on my Edge I get a quick notification on the screen that says "Phone Connected". Also, in System>Sounds>Voice Prompts, I do have the Audio Output set to "Phone. And also to confirm, in my Connect App on phone, the Edge 1050 device shows Connected. When I select the Edge device in my Connect App on my phone and choose System>Settings>Sounds>Voice Prompts, my Audio output shows as "Phone" and I have the Navigation Alerts and Activity Alerts toggles set to the "On" positions.

I honestly don't know what else to do. I 100% want to be using my earbuds when cycling which means I need to be hearing my Edge sounds through my earbuds. I have a Varia connected as well so I need to be hearing those alerts in my earbuds too. 

Any help or suggestions would be appreciated. I did some searching and I didn't see where anyone else was having this issue with the Edge 1050, so it must be something I am doing wrong.

And to confirm, I have my Edge 1050 updated to the latest software version 9.11.