Powermeter (Quark on an SRAM Force AXS Etap) is connected but EDGE 1050 always shows 0

Hi All,

Received my new Garmin Edge 1050 on Saturday. I transfered sensors from the EDGE 1030. While the 1050 recknognizes the Quark Powermeter, it does not show any power data - it is always zero despite pedalling. Removing and re-connecting the device did not help. Also, when switching on my EDGE 1030, power numbers are read again on this device.

Any ideas anyone?

Best,

Faust

• Just realized I did not have the latest firmware. Will now install and then confirm whether power number reading works.

• Just wondering, which firmware did you update, the power meter or the Edge 1050?  I have a similar issue where I can connect the Quarq power meter but the connection drops out and then reconnects over and over while riding.  It never shows any power in the appropriate field on the 1050.  Both the Quarq PM and the Edge have the latest firmware.  

• The Edge 1050. I had the 7.19 version running and updated to the latest (9.xx). I have three bikes with Quark SRAM AXS Force Powermeter, the one I used to verify that power data reading worked after the update was my Zwift trainer bike (with the abovementioned powermeter). For the other bike - for which the power number reading didn't work initially - I just pedalled with my hand and it also seemed to read the power numbers then.

• Now double checked - in fact, it DOES NOT WORK on my two other bikes. PM is connected but I get absolutely no power numbers when pedaling. So this problem is not solved!! Did you manage to get out of this?

• Thanks for the update, I did some research on this topic and have found that others have had issues with the 1040 connecting to various power meters.  I have a few things I want to try out (connecting via Ant+ instead of bluetooth), and I will let you know what I find out.  

• Thanks! There are also users in the E840 forum experiencing the same issues. And yeah, I am also connected to the PMs via bluetooth.

• So here's what I just tried

- removed my Quarq powermeter sensor profiles (both Ant+ and Bluetooth) from the 1050

- Connected powermeter sensor via ANT+ only (ANT+ sensor is labeled 23629, Bluetooth was labled QuarqAGN23629)

- Tested the powermeter by riding around for 5 min on the bike

Results - solid connection, no dropouts, constant power data shown on the 1050

Why this might have worked - I don't know if this is correct - but - I read that ANT+ offers unlimited connections while the Bluetooth option just offers a single connection.  If the powermeter is also connected to your phone via Bluetooth, it might not be able to keep a solid connection to the 1050.  And maybe thats where the constant dropouts come from?  

I will go out for a longer ride in the days ahead and see how it works.  

• Was having the exact sames issue and this resolved it. Thanks!!!

• Thanks, will test later today. Do not connect my PM to my phone via BT though - only when the SRAM AXS app is running. Not sure the PM connects automatically with the phone due to the app. Quite sure Ant+ only will work. Will report.

• I have the SRAM app on my phone as well, and it's definitely using a bluetooth connection to all the SRAM components including the powermeter when it's active.  Not sure about other times.  Prior to the 1050, I had used both a Wahoo Bolt I and II and a Garmin Forerunner 965 without any issues connecting to the SRAM powermeter.  I don't know whether they connected to the pm via Bluetooth or ANT+.  Good luck!