ENVE K-Edge Aero Mount 1050 Fit SOLUTION

Just received my Garmin 1050 and was excited to use the bike bell in my next crit race but as many of us have found out, the computer doesn't fit our existing front mounts. I've got the EVNE Aero Stem Computer Mount from K-Edge - which fits all other cycling computers but because the locking mechanism orientation has changed dramatically on the Garmin 1050 the new computer doesn't fit out of the box. I've figured out a temporary solution only requiring a couple bolts and washers. This solution may work for other mounts but of course you would need to test it yourself.

This is a temporary solution until K-Edge releases a new mount which does fit - The only downside to this solution is you loose your underside mounting options because of the bolt heads sticking out the bottom.

The additional parts you'll need are 

1) The existing Garmin mount plate from the out front mount which came with your 1050

2) 2 x M3*16 bolts (15mm length would also work and eliminate the need for the washers)

3) 4 x M3 thin washers

The Solution is

a) Remove the existing Garmin mounting piece from the Garmin outfront mount that came with your new 1050 computer

b) Remove the bolts from your existing K-Edge out front mount

c) Stack the Garmin mount from the Garmin outfront mount on top of the existing K-Edge Garmin Mount,

d) Screw the long M3 bolts through the bottom of the K-Edge mount through both mounts, the holes line up perfectly. The 16mm bolt length is slightly to long resulting in the bolts sticking out through the bottom of the top Garmin mount which is why I used 2 thing washers on each bolt to fix that issue.

What this whole solution is doing is basically raising the mounting plate of the mount to give the 1050 clearance over the bar stem. 

I used blue locktight to help keep things tight and secure.