What's your experience about Battery Life?

Hello,

For those who have used Edge 1050 for a few weeks, what's your experience and battery duration during your rides? Specifically for those riders using "Demanding" resources from the Edge such as: Power, Hearth Rate, Shift (sram rear derailleur or shimano Di2), Varia radar turned on, Navigation On (following a route), Multiband GPS, screen brightness auto adjust and Live Track enabled?

Theoretically it should last 20 hours, but not sure if that's accurate after having everything enabled? Does it last less than 20 hours? 

I am planning to do my longest ride of 2024 in December 360km/223mi & 4600m/15000ft elevation in a single activity. I did the same ride in December 2022 and it took me 16 hours (12hours movement), started 3am and rode all the day (very sunny day with high temperatures close to 44 C /110 F) and finished around 7pm in the same day. This year I plan to do it a bit faster, maybe finish in 14 or 15 hours, but despite that, battery life still a concern for me.

I use to do Gran Fondos (Endurance) rides of 5-7hours but that's not a problem for Edge 1050 battery. Actually I use Edge 1040, and just received my brand new Edge 1050 and was thinking about my December's longest ride and wanted to see what's the feedback of riders who have had this device for some time. This topic worries me a bit. If you think, based on your experience, that the Edge 1050 would last for at least 15 hours (demanding mode using all the aforementioned sensors and featureS), please let me know. Otherwise, I might return my Edge 1050 and keep my 1040 and wait while Garmin releases Edge 1050 Solar (but not sure if the price difference would worth for a single ride in Dec).

Thanks.

• Ok, thank you.
    I have the impression you can adjust the brightness tendency in auto mode: expose the device to the sun (or shade, depending on what you use as a base), swipe down to get the slider, and -in Auto mode- set the desired brightness for that situation. I have the impression that auto brightness then orients itself to this base.
    For me, the consumption with standard sensors is then around 6 to 7 percentage points per hour.

• I had it on for just over 11 Hours, following a course or navigating to a location . Back light  at 50% , towards the end changed to Auto, as it performed well. No sleep and allways on for backlight. Besides course/navigating I had HR ,PM and Sram AXS shifting connected, as well as I had Live track enabled and navigation prompt speak/sound to my Iphone ( and thus my hearing aids  )  ~ 215 Km of Gravel riding and it used ~50 % of the battery. Thats slightly better than what Garmin says.

• Bring a 20000 mAH power bank with you, I'm afraid it will betray you.

• mcinner1, I've been adjusting the slider for the last few rides.  It appears to me that the slider will sometimes readjust itself after I've lowered the light level.  I'm not certain that I'm saving much battery life, but I think I see a screen that is lit more to my liking (a bit darker for me).