Navigation problem with frequent turns

I received a 1050 a few days ago, and have been testing the navigation by loading some courses and riding them. As the turns approach, the notifications and countdown are fine, but I notice that after having made a turn, the display remains for several seconds with the map showing the just completed turn at a distance of zero metres before it becomes live again. This causes a problem when there are two or more turns in rapid succession - the course I rode this morning had three turns in rapid succession, all within 20-30m of each other, a right followed by a left followed by a right, and not until I had completed the third turn and was several seconds beyond it did the display update from showing the first turn zero metres ahead, and I got no notification of the second and third turns.

I had a look through the navigation settings on the 1050, but couldn't see any setting which would change this behaviour. The courses I'm following are exported to the 1050 from Ride With GPS as FIT format, with the "Notify before turn" option checked and turn notification distance set to 30m. The unit is running FW 9.09.