Tarmac SL7 and garmin edge 1050

Does anyone has the garmin edge 1050 fitten on a Tarmac SL7?

• I tried this but the screws that are attached to the included garmin mount do not fit on the sl7 mount (even after removing the light mount and trying to screw in from the bottom). any suggestions? Here's what i'm talking about:

Am I missing something or doing something wrong here?

• I also had to change the screws and especially if you put a support for a light or a video camera

• Can you explain a bit more in depth what you did? I have a new SL8 Tarmac with the 2 piece SL7 stem/bar (believe you have the same). Mine has a Bar Fly Bike out front mount (came installed on bike). What actual spacers did you use and screws?

Right now my Bar Fly has the garmin mount on it that came with bike. My 1050 shows up this week. Hope I can get it to fit. 

Btw. Also called Garmin and they were “cagey” on really any solutions saying it’s all so new. Not feeling good about my purchase. 

Thanks. 

• It's very simple, when your Garmin arrives, in the box you have a curved support (I put the photo above), you have to disassemble the "circle" where you attach the Garmin (by undoing two screws that you will see below). With those screws you go to a hardware store and ask for longer ones and then you just have to cut them to the length you want depending on how you mount the support, for example I have put a support for the GoPro so I had to put the screws a little longer.
    Don't worry, you have made a good purchase and as soon as you solve this nonsense you will enjoy the 1050 a lot.
    Ps.- I'll put a photo of the screws that I bought, in the hardware store they surely have them (the short ones are the ones that the original support has that DO NOT reach to mount it on the bike support)

• It fits fine with the stock Barfly mount and the SL7 stem and faceplate. It just rubs as you twist it to lock it on.

All I've done is added a piece of 3M clear wrap tape (similar to Ride Wrap) to a small section of the faceplate and the Edge 1050 battery door to prevent scraping.

It otherwise fits fairly well. Just super close. You likely wont need to make any modifications. 

• Thanks but I’m sure it won’t with a silicone protective case on it?

• Thanks. Are the screws with the Garmin the same size (width) as the screws on the barfly mount I currently use? Are you screwing into a barfly out front mount? I ask as it looks like the circle Garmin piece has threads and needs to be screwed thru to then attach to the barfly mount. If they are two different sizes I can’t see this working. 
  • Is it this 3M Wrap tape:

3M Scotchgard Clear Paint Protection Film?

thanks

• Yup that's the stuff. Got it on Amazon.

And ya, like you mentioned, I'm doubting the 1050 would fit with a silicone case. I had a silicone case on my 1040 Solar and was hoping to get one now as well but I'll also have to sort out the mount situation if I do as the 1050 is literally touching the stem faceplate once it's locked in. 

• The screws are of different sizes, those of the Barfly support of the bike are M4 and those of the circular piece of Garmin are M3, being narrower they go through the holes of the support and screw into the circular piece of the Garmin without problems.