Edge 1050 fits K-Edge aero mount for ENVE (barely!)

I tried my new Edge 1050 in the special K -Edge mount for my ENVE bars, and I can just squeeze it by the stem. Fortunately the buttons are canted outward at the corners of the unit, so you can press them. Much better position than on the 1040. I was concerned about the fit in that mount because there’s no good alternative for those bars, with flattened tops.

Now I have to try it on my 3 other bikes, but they all have round bars. 

• Thanks for sharing this. Does it actually contact the stem when you are twisting it on, but it squeezes by? And is it contacting the stem once you have it fully locked in? I am considering the ENVE bar/stem combo but would be slightly concerned if it was rubbing each time I installed or removed it, or if it was contacting the stem while riding and causing unnecessary vibrations, rattling, or rubbing.

• Yes, it does contact the stem when it’s attached. It makes the Garmin vibrate on rough surfaces, which is probably harmful to it. I’m going to see if I can bend the mount slightly. I just need about 1mm clearance. If that doesn’t work I’ll look for some kind of spacer that can fit between the mount and the unit to raise it enough for clearance.

• Hopefully ENVE and K-Edge will release an updated mount with good clearance. In the meantime, definitely let us know here if you find a decent workaround. I agree with you on the vibration; that doesn't sound ideal.

• I pressed firmly on the mount for a while, and it bent just enough that the 1050 doesn’t contact the stem. No vibration on my ride today. Now I can really appreciate the high-resolution screen! 

It still makes contact when swiveling the unit in and out of the mount, but I don’t think it will do any harm.

• if fits without touching the stem if you use the adjustable k-edge mount. also framesandgear makes a special 1050 compatible mount for the enve stem.  I hope enve releases a longer attachment for the adjustable mount soon