new garmin 1050 won't turn on?

Just got the device in the mail, opened it up and plugged it in to start charging only to find out that it isn't doing anything.... at all? I don't get a charging light, the screen doesn't say it's charging even if it's off? It doesn't boot itself nor is it bootable after simply leaving it plugged in for 15+ minutes.

Hopefully I'm just doing something very stupid and you guys can educate me. I've tried the cable that comes with it, a cable I've tested to charge my phone, multiple power bricks. Hopefully someone can tell me why I'm dumb pretty quickly and save me from thinking I just received a brick in the mail.

Thanks in advance.

• It looks like you spoke with one of our Support Associates on the phone today. I am hopeful that their instructions to hold down the power button up to 30 seconds while connected to power will restore your Edge. If for any reason that is unsuccessful please follow up with us directly through our Support team again and we will make sure to get you sorted as quickly as we can. My apologize for the inconvenience with the new device. 

• Latest troubleshooting plan is to let it sit on the charger for at least 2 hours then hold the power for 30-40 seconds to see if that works. Fingers crossed.

• Update: apparently it is nonfunctional and I'll have to exchange it for another. Pretty disappointing to have to do that in general, but what's really frustrating is that they don't have any held back for exchanges so I have to wait 3-5 weeks for them to get more in stock so I can get my $700+ product. Not a good experience so far unfortunately.

• 2nd report of this so far.  I really hope it's not widespread and hopefully doesn't impact working units. 

• I had the same problem - device completely dead. Tried changing cables, charging source, left in on charge all night - nothing worked. I've sent mine back for a replacement - will see how long that takes.

• Just an idea - but if anyone still has a device that does this, are you charging from a higher-wattage charger?  I've had a few non-Garmin devices in the past that sat until the battery level was so depleted, it wouldn't charge anymore.  I had to find an old lower-powered charger and let it trickle for a day, as it refused to initiate charge from a high powered source.  I doubt this the problem, being such a new device (unless they somehow powered on during shipping).  But I assume someone has already tried this. 

• I was going to order a new 1050 but I'm now holding off until we know the cause to this issue and whether is common or not.

• Yeah, I tried multiple charging blocks, the pixel phone standard charger and even the Anker charger, this one specifically for the the exact reason you mentioned:

Anker Charger, 40W 4-Port USB Phone Charger with Foldable Plug, PowerPort 4 for iPhone 14/Pro/Pro Max/13/12, iPad Pro/Air/Mini, Galaxy S23/S22/S21, Note 20 Ultra, LG, Nexus, HTC, and More https://a.co/d/05uU03OL

• I just got my new one today and it's exactly the same dead out of the box. Hopefully Garmin sort it out quickly. Tried the plugged in 30 second power button hold and every other combination but it's like the battery is disconnected or something.

• Update. Phoned Garmin this morning and they are going to send me another one after I return this one. ETA on the new one is early August, so 4 to 5 weeks without it. Process was fairly smooth but I have to pay for the return shipping of the old unit to them, which is not ideal but acceptable I guess.