Question about screen quality of Edge 1050

I've read and looked at the reviews from DCR and GPLama, I've read all the other available articles: the new display is praised above all else.
But I would be interested to see how the display performs in direct sunlight. When I look at my iPhone 15 with the brightest setting in direct sunlight, it's hard to read. So I wonder if it's really possible that the display of the Edge 1050 works so well in direct sunlight?
Can anyone make a reliable statement?

• I’ve used a 1040 for a few years, and now have a 1050 and used it for the first time today for a three hour ride.  The 1040 screen is visible in sunlight without the backlight on. I can only see the 1050 screen with the backlight on.  So I had to set the backlight to ‘always on.’   I recharge after every ride, but I have some long gravel events coming up and need to be certain this won’t be a problem.

• I moved to wahoo from the edge 1040 solar because of glossy screen syndrome, I cant remember my wahoo ever being difficult to see. For such a giant organisation they have some poor decision makers.