Activities disappeared and never synchronized with 21.18 firmware

Hello, I am very frustrated with the 1040 and the 21.18 firmware. I went out cycling for several days and although the activity was correctly finished, stopped and I got the summary on my edge, the activity simply disappeared. In /GARMIN/Activities I'm missing 2 days of activity. What's more, to avoid any bugs, I reset my GPS before departure.

• I would like to know how to open a ticket at garmin for this bug. It's very problematic to lose races when you do ultra competitions and I have to provide proof of the route. 

• More users suffer the same problem, also on other Edge models.

Take a look in the folder ..\Garmin\TempFIT. Maybe you are lucky to find the lost activity file(s) there. Move the file(s) to the Activities folder and synchronize should work as usual.

Note that if you do a full reset of the device, also the activities will be erased. Normally it should not be needed to reset the device before starting an activity.

Note also that new software 24.19 is avalable now in the normal channel, but no garantee that the synch problem has been solved...

• As I'm away for several days. I reset the GPS before my bikepacking. Not before starting an activity. But no, I don't have anything in the tempfit folder.