Edge 1040 Intermittent Power Loss while Charging with Certain Chargers and Powerbanks

My Edge will rapidly cycle between charging and not charging when connected to certain chargers or power banks. So quickly in fact, that you can hardly read the "External Power Loss" Notification.

Mainly Anker and Ugreen chargers as well as powerbanks with IQ/PD technology. Cables I used were by Anker, Ugreen and GoPro. The port or device does not get hot, it will just quickly cycle between charging and displaying the notification "External Power Loss". It does not matter whether the cables are USB-C to C or USB-A to C.

Any other device will charge fine using these chargers, powerbanks and cables, including my iPhone, Beats Fit, Garmin Varia Radar and Lights (when using a USB-A to MicroUSB cable), various Di2 Systems...

The edge charges fine on 5W and 10W Apple chargers, as well as when connected to my USB 3.2 port on my CalDigit USB-C dock. I have read that the Edge might draw so little current, that the smarter chargers will try to disconnect it to prevent trickelling power drainage. Might this be the issue?

However now I am unable to charge the device with a power bank on long trips. Never had any issues like this with my Wahoo... Also on a long trip I cannot carry dozens of different chargers just because a device might throw a tantrum... 

Any help or insights would be greatly appreciated.

• Although many powerbanks have a low current shutdown threshold, it’s not likely to be an issue whilst charging the Edge. Typically, they switch off after tens of seconds of low current draw and won’t turn back on until the plug is removed and reinserted to wake it up.

Given that it charges from a plain 5/10W USB charger, it’s more likely to be compatibility issue with PD spec chargers. Perhaps test charging your Edge with a cheap generic powerbank.