New Edge 1040 and installed maps4garmin blue symbol

Just took new edge 1040 out. I'm a tech guy so I updated it completely and even paid for the weather for maps4garmin.

1. While running maps4garmin from connect IQ it kept putting on the screen a large icon that made no sense. It was like half of a pause icon and half play. I have no clue what it wanted me to do. I tried poking it. Nothing really changed. I tried ignoring it and eventually it said GPS signal went offline. How do I just make it leave the maps4garmin running without annoying the piss out of me asking me to do something?

2. Is it possible to track a ride and run the maps4garmin? It seemed when I started tracking my ride there was no obvious way to launch the connect IQ apps. .

3. I found a doc that says on the edge devices there are ZERO options from garmin built in to have up to date doppler radar on the map (which is why I got the maps4garmin app). Is there a reason Garmin has not incorporated some API calls to NOAA weather and added this?

I have some more questions for the maps4garmin app but these are all the ones that I think may be just device/OS specific.

I appreciate any pointers on how to configure this to just be a moving radar while I ride.