Route loaded, but 1040 cannot find 1st navigation turn out of the parking lot

I've used both Wahoo and Garmin bike computers for over a decade now, so am quite familiar with navigating a route that is loaded. With the 1040 I start out in a parking lot, and expect the computer to indicate either a left or right turn out of the parking lot for my group rides. The route indeed starts in the parking lot, then makes the first turn onto a public street, but the 1040 never issues a turn alert, instead when I'm on the first street and have cycled about 0.2 mile, then it suddenly says, "Course found".

In stark comparison, the Wahoo computers instantly find the route in the parking lot by chirping and blinking lights, then faithfully indicate a left or right turn out of the parking lot, onto the first street using the same ridewithgps.com route.

Does Garmin even had a new feature request forum?

My only Garmin work around is to swipe my data screen and view the map screen when starting out, to visually identify the first turn out of the parking lot, then swipe back to my data screen again, which is clunky compared to the Wahoo.