This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Where is the Debugging / Logging Menu Gone?

showed us a hidden debugging / Logging Menu on the 1040 especially for betas but it has gone. I can't find his video but the hidden Menu was accessed via holding the right arrow on the screen that had the house symbol on it, now in 23.09 beta the house symbol is a new graphic next to the Hazard symbol but the right arrow has gone. Anyone know how to access this menu* now, thanks

* The menu had a few items including access to the ANT+ RX/TX logging function.

• Press and hold to the bottom right of the HOME circle icon and it'll pop up. 

I was going to head out and test 23.09 tomorrow first thing with the gradient fix.... but 23.09 doesn't have screen recording. Frowning2

• Tricky , thanks

• Your 1050 review video was great, your testing assistant has  exceptional media talent, better watch out, they will take over the channel as soon as they lose the training wheels 

• First, enable ANT logging on your Edge. This will log the communication between the Edge and the sensors:

1. Start an activity on your Edge.
    2. Tap the screen. This will open a grey overlay page.
    3. Press and hold the right arrow at the bottom of the overlay page for 5 seconds.
    4. Select Fitness Logging.
    5. Select ANT Logging.
    6. Select ANT RX TX.
    7. ANT Logging is now enabled and ready for the next ride.
    8. Press the START/STOP key to stop and discard the activity.
    9. Start a new Activity with the same sensors and phone connected.
    10. Save the activity when you are done.

After you have done this, continue to ride with your edge and the sensors as you normally would for a couple activities. After you have experienced the concern a couple times, please plug the edge into a computer and locate it as a hard drive on the computer. Open the Garmin Folder, and reply with a copy of the “debugging” or “debug” folder.

• Screen Recording IS back and included in 23.10 beta

• yeah. and i guessed out how to reach the hidden system menu for the big diag (for GPS sat receptions, not with bars like in the past with older Edges, only with numbers and used GNSS system, sat number, which band and signal strength), hw revision number (i bet lots of sensor issues are coming from different hw revisions...)