will edge 1050 eclipse the stability work of the 1040?

Hi,

Should we be worried about the future release of the edge 1050?
Won't this latest edge reduce the work of updating the 1040 which are already too few in number for a unit which is still not stable?
Garmin wouldn't you rework your failed 1040 for the beta testers like us?...

• I’m always worried about lack of regression testing from Garmin. 25 years as a customer with various products is depressing from my experience. 1040 took a full year before it was on par with my 1030. 

• Does the 1050 software update will be available for the 1040?

• Never happened…specially with different screen technologies, only of there was a 1040+

• Gp lama said there will be an updated groupride in 1040 and road incident messages on the 1040

• At least, the climbpro gradient issue lag seems to be fixed in the 1050. It only took Garmin a couple of years ;)

• After reading the official description of the 1050, the autonomy is clearly not up to the standard of the 1040.
    With the arrival of the 1050, the 1040 is geared more towards travel cycling, bikepacking, gravel/ultra-cycling, the 1050 will probably appeal to road bikers and mountain bikers who do not need great autonomy over several days .

The question that was asked will Garmin, which will be working to correct the bugs of the future 1050, be able to work in parallel to correct the bugs of our 1040? Because there are still bugs on the 1040...

• I would gladly swap all the possible trickle down from the 1050 if only I could have a larger location cursor on my 1040 that I could actually see.

• Here is whats mentioned in the 1040 beta

beta will be installed automatically by syncing with Connect Mobile or Garmin Express, pending rollout.

Alternatively, to install this beta, you will need to be enrolled in the beta program, and have added a wifi network. Information on this can be found here

With a wifi network added to your Edge, navigate to the Main Menu > select System > select About > select Check For Updates.

It may be necessary to then scroll up and select Software Update 23.09 to install this after downloading.

Change Log

• Added GroupRide awards and climb competitions.
    • Added road hazards support. Get alerts for road hazards reported by fellow cyclists and contribute your own edits.
    • Added wind and stamina adjustments to Power Guide.
    • Added surface type support including on the map, in-ride unpaved road alerts, and post-ride summary.
    • Added Wi-Fi map download support.
    • Added revamped Course Creator.
    • Updated grade algorithm to be much more responsive.
    • Added support for India basemap.
    • Added gear presets for SRAM 12 speed cassettes.
    • Added a QR code to quick link to pair a Strava account with Garmin Connect.
    • Improved phonetic and hand-writing keyboard input.
    • Fixed USB connection detection when coming out of suspend mode.
    • Fixed incident detection countdown timeout notification priority over any other notifications.
    • Fixed infinite elevation calibration prompt following a manual calibration.
    • Removed tone from elevation calibration prompt.
    • Fixed mute toggle interactions on the notifications widget.
    • Fixed pausing navigation.
    • Improved speed of city search.
    • Added search alias support to improve location searching.
    • Fixed ride button failing to show after receiving and reviewing a Connected POI.
    • Fixed friendly name for phone pairing.