This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Error on IQ fields after few seconds of riding

Hi

I have an Edge 1040 on firmware 21.16. I have installed following data fields: Battey Up Down, Eat My Ride, HMs DIY #1, HMs DIY #2, MPA and Power - Xert, What's My FTP - Xert, Time to Exhaustion - Xert, Smart Bike Lights and My Bike Radar Traffic. I have all this data fields on five screens besides original garmin screens (stamina, map, elevation, cycling dynamics). The problem is that when I look on data screen in off-recording mode everything looks OK, but when I start ride after few second all data field where is Connect IQ field shows only IQ with thre dots(IQ...) and no data 

• It's funny cause I'm having this issue on a 530! Which hasn't had any update for ages. Probs something on Garmin side? Very strange

• In case someone at Garmin reads this, it is also happening on 21.17. The only silver lining is that if the ConnectIQ fields don't crash within a few minutes, they last the whole ride (that was the same in 21.16)

• AND IT IS STILL HAPPENING IN THE NEW 23.09 BETA

Seriously

Garmin stuff is used in airplanes and boats, how are planes not crashing into boats, boats into planes

Get your S together and fix this problem already. It's been half a year of this problem

Support the IQ environment, or don't.

• The problem still occurs in E1040 with firmware 23.09B. I have been struggling with this problem, I don't remember since when and from which firmware version.

• I reported it also in the beta forums for the 24.03 version forums.garmin.com/.../connectiq-fields-still-crashing

• Before I got a 1050 and sold my 1040, I followed up on my previous support case when this initially started happening. When I opened that case they asked for pictures and a video of the error happening. I provided them. 

after contacting garmin and saying hey what’s the progress on the problem, they said they cannot reproduce the problem. And asked for video and pictures. 

So just fyi it’s not being worked on at all. 

• Just read a report from another user on a different forum that his 840 frequently displays a message that the Garmin lost connection to the phone. Also had CIQ app issues and crashing during rides. Could this be related? I can imagine that the Garmin may get into a loop or timeout when trying to connect to the phone over BT when the connection fails just at the wrong time. Or it just causes a high cpu load, which also could cause several issues.