This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Error on IQ fields after few seconds of riding

Hi

I have an Edge 1040 on firmware 21.16. I have installed following data fields: Battey Up Down, Eat My Ride, HMs DIY #1, HMs DIY #2, MPA and Power - Xert, What's My FTP - Xert, Time to Exhaustion - Xert, Smart Bike Lights and My Bike Radar Traffic. I have all this data fields on five screens besides original garmin screens (stamina, map, elevation, cycling dynamics). The problem is that when I look on data screen in off-recording mode everything looks OK, but when I start ride after few second all data field where is Connect IQ field shows only IQ with thre dots(IQ...) and no data 

• Similar here. But strangely enough, not all fields go bad at the same time. On top of it, device either froze or restarted four times in last three rides. I want to go back to old version if possible (but I did not find the way).

I will try removing all CIQ data fields, just to get stability back, but it really sucks this way.

• Do any (many) IQ fields write data to the fit file to show it in Garmin Connect?

There is no ducumentation in IQ SDK, but there‘s a saying, that more than 10 fit contributions at the same time will lead to IQ crash.

(Just a thought…)

• Only one field writes to fit file, Battery Up Down

• You perform the downgrade normally by copying the “gupdate.gcd” file to the root of the storage media and reboot the unit.
    However, you must keep in mind that in such a scenario, a “factory reset” is implemented.
    But you can deal with this quite easily and quickly restore your settings.

• I have had the same problem after I have updated from 20.19 to 21.xx. On 20.19 all IQ fields worked perfectly and on 21.xx some IQ fields stops working after around 30min and just show IQ icon. However, some fields do not have this problem.

• My Bike Radar Traffic too. But that's still not enough to reach the limit of applications writing to the .fit file. On my 1040 with firmware 21.16 I have a total of 8 or 9 IQ Apps - I have no problems with them ( most of them write data to .fit file )

• For about a year now, my device has been behaving in such a way that when I activate the activity, the IQ data fields disappear. The hope was that they fixed it in version 21.14B because that version worked fine. I thought that Garmin programmers couldn't mess it up and everything would be OK in the new firmware version 21.16. Unfortunately, it's not OK. I had to downgrade to version 21.14B, which, as I wrote, worked OK.

• All of you who experience datafield crashes should contact the developer via IQ store. Developers can see the crashes of datafields in ERA report and the code line which triggers the crash. 

• Same, getting random Connect IQ field problems since updating to 2.16, and it doesn't seem to be related to any one of the fields in particular. Since updating, I've encountered the following situations.

- all of the Connect IQ datafields show the IQ icon at the start of the activity. Stopping, rebooting the device manually and starting again makes them work.

- Some (2 or 3, I don't remember) but not all datafields show the IQ icon, and the rest work as expected. Device reboots by itself mid-ride and clears the problem.

- One datafield shows the IQ icon but does not cause any other issue for the duration of the ride.

Given that the problem seems pretty random and not related to a single data field, I suspect it's the underlying firmware that is cause for concern and not a missing update on the connectiq fields themselves.

• Same exact problem. I've reported it, sent a video upon their request, keep reporting it.

Have created a new profile and started all over and adding fields back to it repeats the error.

Here's what I do to get it working.

Press start: wait for it to get the IQ dots. Stop the ride and discard it.

SWITCH TO ANOTHER ACTIVITY PROFILE. Wait 10 seconds.

Switch back to your normal profile. It should be OK now.