Sensor connection/disconnection and sound with v20.19

Why with the new v20.19 version now every time a sensor goes connection/disconnection there is a sound/bip?

How can I turn it off? (only for the sensor connection/disconnection)

• I know what you mean, I don't use "turn guidance" for the same reason, constant beeping although I don't suffer the sensor dropouts when riding outside but do get trainer resistance disconnections when riding indoors on the Tacx trainer. These dropouts cause the resistance control to stop and previously I would wake up to this then I was powering up a 9% slope at 35kph ! In the 20.07 beta garmin introduced a tone associated with the trainer re-connection which did not restart the resistance control but does alert me that I have to manually disable / re-enable the trainer to recover control.

Thus the tone is very useful for me in this case, but would be far better if they "fixed" the dropouts or as you say provide some finer control of the visual / audible alerts,  but I doubt they ever will?

PS To give them credit (maybe undeserved) the trainer control disconnections reduced in 20.14 beta (no change log mention) and they seem to have disappeared since 20.15 & subsequent betas and the 20.19 production.. Maybe hope they can address other dropouts too? By logging the ANT Transmit / Receive events and correlating these to the disconnection events I was able to pinpoint the effects of the issue (if not the cause) but I don't know if any actual fix occurred or was it just a by-product of some other change?

forums.garmin.com/.../20-13-previous-indoor-trainer-resistance-control-stops-following-a-disconnect-re-connect

• I faced a similar issue, my sensors are getting connected and disconnected every other 5 mins or so. Any help here would be much appreciated.