Annoying sound sequences for off segment messages (20.19)

Some firmware versions ago a bug was introduced that the off segment notification usually comes twice. First when you've reached some distance from the segment start, seconds later comes a new segment approach note for the very same segment (even though you're driving in the opposite direction) and some more seconds later a final off segment notification. This bug got worse in firmware 20.19 because now the off segment notification uses not only a short beep as before but the long, sad "Your PR time has been reached but you're not at the end of the segment yet" sound. This is very annyoing especially if you ride in a group and everybody turns to you and asks what that was. 

• Same on my 840. Sometimes it sounds twice sometimes even 3 times. Really annoying 

• "especially if you ride in a group and everybody turns to you and asks what that was"

I LOL-ed at this because this was exactly what happened to me on my last ride. My 840 is still new-ish to me and I had just updated the firmware.... getting these multiple off segment messages as well!

• Same issue. Only just started happening. Very very annoying and a constant distraction while riding. Anyone found a fix yet? Do Garmin even take notice of our endless woes on here? Seriously thinking of jumping to Wahoo or other after many loyal years of Garmin usage, assarrrgghh!!!

• Yep. Really annoying this. Normally happens 3 times for me when I ride past a segment start point (but do not ride the segment). 

• The really annoying thing about these really annoying “sounds” is that Garmin is a serial offender and does not seem to learn. I think it was in version 18 or 19 where they introduced the annoying fanfare in climbpro when you crested a hill (because of grade delay / advance often before or after you crested), they finally got rid of that but you still get the same when you finish a course and twice if you finish before the virtual partner and now also with the segment. I assume no developer stays longer than 3 months with garmin so there is no-one to recall there was a previous revolt regarding the fanfare or ask where else did they use it and perhaps we should remove it there too?

• I have this issue on my 1040, but it seems to have only started with an update this season.  Super annoying and I have to apologize to anyone riding with me.  I've deleted almost all starred segments and disabled popular segments, but it still seemed to go off in all the same places.  WIll remove the last 3 starred segments and see if that solves it.  Would be happy to just disable the "off segment" alert.  Was hoping to find a solution here.

• I reverted to firmware 19.21 because of this, the version 20.19 doesn't have anything useful for me anyway. In beta 21.11 this issue is addressed but I didn't tested it yet.